- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 100 g leek
- 500 g cauliflower
- 0.8 L stock
- 70 g cashews
- salt & pepper
- Sauté chopped garlic, leek, and olive oil in a large saucepan for 5 min on 'medium'.
- Finely chop cauliflower, either manually or with a pulsating blender, aiming for a maximized caramelization surface. Add it to the saucepan and sauté some more.
- Add stock - raise the temperature to boil, then simmer for 30 min.
- In the meantime roast cashews on 175 °C for 12 min; babysit them on your first try due to possible inter-oven variation. Caramelization improves their taste and texture, so roast more of them and leave the rest for later snacks; it'd be rather wasteful to heat up an oven for mere 70 g.
- Let the saucepan cool a bit after 30 min of simmering, salt & pepper to taste, and add the cashews.
- Pour the contents in a high-powered blender and blend thoroughly (e.g. 2 minutes on 'High' with Vitamix).
- Serve and garnish with chopped cashews.